14 Sep Summer’s Newest Trend: Glamping
Camping has reinvented itself and has become more appealing to even the most glamorous, high-class population. A trend is gaining popularity across the globe known as glamping or glamorous camping. Described as a really unique experience with a strange mix of wild and refined, roughing it and taking it easy, glamping is sure to give a whole new meaning to setting up for camp. Inspired by wealthy concertgoers and luxurious safaris, the days of rough tent camping are in the past. Who says camping can’t be five-star? High-end, designer camping gear has hit the shelves and glamping resorts are opening their doors in the most beautiful places all around the world. Glamorous camping is all about comfort and luxury. Eco-consciousness is fashionable and going green is a strong theme at most glamping resorts. Activities are part of the package at most resorts. Horse-back riding, kayaking, fishing, private boats, swimming, safari, hiking, river rafting, wild-life watching – this list goes on. These resorts vary in price but most can be very expensive, fully stocked with room service, massage and butlers. For instance, in the summer months two adults can pay about $8,500 to spend three nights in a tent at the Clayoquot Wilderness Resort in British Columbia, Canada. Entire families routinely spend $50,000 on a week-long glamping trip at Clayoquot. Don’t let this disappoint you if you cannot find it in your budget to visit one of these posh glamping resorts. Many glampers have taken things into their own hands and are glamping up their camping trips themselves. Start camping in Style. Create your own oasis wherever you go. Both Polly and Barbie have their own glamping set-up and you can too. Here’s how.
Choices of shelter:
The first thing to do is to establish what kind of shelter you want for your glamping trip. If you decide to use a tent you want to make sure that it is water-resistant. Look for tents that can access electrical power if necessary. Also many companies rent and hire out there shelters for your use. Sometimes this is very good option, especially when it comes to big tents. It allows you to get a taste before you pull out your wallet.
- Tent (Search for color and patterns. More and more camping retailers are offering choices other than the military green that we are so used to seeing.)
- Bell Tent-camping
- Large tent with standing room
Here is a list of ideas. It is a good idea to make your own list. Everyone has different tastes and different things that make them feel comfortable. Glamping is all about comfort so be creative. The more creative the better. Glamping is all about fun. Fashion is included. Layering clothing is a good idea. You also want to have some water-resistant clothing as well. Remember to try to be Eco-conscious as much as possible. If you love the earth she will love you back.
- Shatterproof bar-ware
- First aid kit
- Can opener
- Garbage bags
- GOGIRL Portable urination device (For those times when you are far from a toilet and cannot afford to wait).
- Comfortable Chairs
- Fire starters
- Citronella candles, Insect repellent
- Add style to your shelter by using rugs as floor covering.
- Extra batteries
- Tent repair kit
- Assortment of bungee cords
- Clothes pins
- Fabric (to flutter in the wind). For your bed, of course.
- Nails and screws
- Tent organizers (collapsible storage bins, shelves, etc.)
- Air pump
- Small hand ax
- Small tool kit
- Hand axe
- Books to read
- Cooler (preferably on wheels)
- BBQ and BBQ Grill
- Salt and pepper
- Foil and Plastic Wrap
- Stylish dinnerware
- Camp Lantern
- Cooking Oil
- Waterproof clothing
- Acoustic guitar and a guitar player
- Non-stick skillet
- Pan for heating water
- Heating pads or gloves
- Kitchen towels
- Lighting options – headlamps, flashlights, lamps, etc
- Portable shower tent
- Biodegradable shampoos and soaps
- Dustpan and hand broom for your tent
- Outdoor rug
- Coffee or tea and a way to make it along with cups and saucers to match
- Towels & Wash cloths
- Wind break
- Portable shower unit
- Portable Toilet Unit
- Wardrobe unit
- Door mat
- Cooker/ Stove
- Laundry Basket
- A hammer for pounding in stakes (if you have a tent) or anything else that requires a little bit of work.
- Comfortable and cute wardrobe
- Wellies (Wellington boots)
- Electric hook up plug adapter
- Table and stools
- Good nights sleeping-bag that looks just as good as it makes you feel.
- Comfy and luxurious bedding from sheets to pillows to comforter.
- Bed Frame (You can purchase this from Cabela’s).
- Inflatable mattress with repair kit
Don’t forget to bring your spice rack. Your menu is important when it comes to glamping. Make this a picnic to remember. Top the table with a beautiful cloth and dinnerware, plates, cloth napkins and utensils. Dress up the table with a local wild flower arrangement. Light candles. Pour some of your finest red wine or try a specialty beer. Be creative when deciding what meals you choose. Plan ahead. Many meals can be prepared or partially prepared ahead of time, giving you many more options when it comes to your glamping menu.
Glamping is perfect for weekend festivals or concerts, for vacationing or even as a honeymoon. With so many options available you can have a different experience every time you go glamping. Remember that glamping is all about comfort and most importantly HAVE FUN<iframe style=”width:120px;height:240px;” marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ src=”//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=tf_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=mywebsite440f-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B00EUHD56A&asins=B00EUHD56A&linkId=840b11b7abcfe70f5ce1bff01234b46e&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=true&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff”>